FFXII - Walkthrough
Here is my attempt at a straightforward FAQ. No great detail here, just directions on where to go, and advice on boss fights.
A couple of notes beforehand:
(1) To give you a rough idea of what to expect, when I detail boss fights, I list the approximate damage the attacks do. This is the keyword here: APPROXIMATE. It's just to give you a rough idea of what to expect - actual damage done to your characters will depend on your levels, your equipment, your stats, any status or magic effects currently in play, etc. So just keep that in mind - it's an approximation.
(2) I list the "statuses" of bosses when the battle begins (i.e. if they start with Protect and Haste, then I say "Status: Protect, Haste") but it's a moot point anyways - if a boss has any sort of beneficial status, your first action should be to cast Dispel on it.
(3) Likewise, bosses tend to carry a few possible items, but you can only steal one. So, as an example, you have a 60% chance of stealing the common items, 30% chance of stealing the rarer item, and 10% chance of stealing the rarest (and odds are, best) item. I just listed what the item I stole was - so chances are you can steal something else, who knows. Thief Cuffs can enable you to steal more than one item at a time, though.
Okay, let's get this walkthrough started! Pick a link and it'll take you down to the corresponding area of the game.
Tomb of Raithwall
Giza Plains (Rainy Season)
Stilshrine of Miriam
Sochen Cave Palace
Pharos at Ridorana
Sky Fortress Bahamut
Really stuck? Visit the Final Fantasy XII forum, ask your question(s) there, and one or more of our hundreds of active members will be sure to help you out!
Walkthrough Copyright © Martin and Final Fantasy: Worlds Apart (FFWA.org) 2007; not to be reproduced or distributed without expressed written consent.