FF:WA
XIIXIX-2XIXVIIIVIIVIVT

Go Back   FF:WA > Worlds Apart Forums > Worlds Apart Gaming Chat

Old 19 Apr 13, 02:11
i'm skulking

Robert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to Robert Send a message via MSN to Robert Send a message via Yahoo to Robert
Thumbs up

combat you can get used to, but I still think it's a poorly designed piece of shit. and the swamp had it's fun moments, however it was backtrack city for the most part, which made me hate it. still, good fkkn game. i'm waiting to beef up my pc before I go into Witcher 2 (and yes, I've played it before (past that kraken beast), I know it's fkkn excellent, just don't want to play it on all low settings, since that's depressing).
Old 19 Apr 13, 18:03
pumpkin spice

Hiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or two

Silent Hill: Downpour. making spurts of progress when I can and enjoying it so far. to me it's a mix of the old silent hill formula with some layered icing.

things I like:
-great atmosphere
-common enemies seem to able to follow you more or wait to ambush
-you can actually enter a lot more of the buildings and venture
-sidequests

Not sure why the ign writer gave it a neg review score when their community and other sites have rated it much higher. case example that reviews these days are for the birds
Old 19 Apr 13, 23:26
1979-2013

Oni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via MSN to Oni

As someone who only ever played SH2 and 3 (a long time ago) and a little bit of one, what do they do with the story? Isn't it all weird cultists and shit? Cuz what was so interesting about SH2 to me was that none of it was literal, open to various degrees of interpretation but basically the town was just a sort of purgatory where one's personal demons manifest in various ways.
Old 20 Apr 13, 00:01
pumpkin spice

Hiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or two

Pretty much. 1 and 3 were connected with alessa, and 2 & 4 were their own stories with minor references connecting each other. I haven't played enough of Homecoming but Downpour is following 2's theme so far.

a lot of it is open interpretation as old theories change with new games and more importantly nothing will probably ever be definitive so that there is more material to work with. I do like each game being unique and learning a little more about the town, but major elements like pyramid head needs to stay in its respective game imo. it was relevant to James and his scenario so seeing it elsewhere cheapens the idea. They found something to help marketing suck the franchise dry. It sure beats the hell out of having a Wesker Jr. though.
Old 20 Apr 13, 00:10
ludonarrative

Trent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to Trent

homecoming was bullshit. so was origins

i watched a let's play of shattered memories and story wise looked pretty interesting

[23:09] okayenid: a little casualness is alright
[19:57] okayenid: ive never played a game where i killed more kids
Old 20 Apr 13, 00:26
1979-2013

Oni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhere

Oh yeah I played some of Shattered Memories, forgot, actually own it for Wii. I really wanted to like it and I liked all the exploration and story parts, but once the monsters come in it just sucks so hard as a game. It's frustrating, unclear where to go and relies on trial and error to figure that out. And all you can do is run the eff away, which stops being scary as soon as it just gets frustrating. Too much waggle also.
Old 20 Apr 13, 02:26
i'm skulking

Robert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to Robert Send a message via MSN to Robert Send a message via Yahoo to Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
And all you can do is run the eff away, .
babies 1st survival horror
Old 20 Apr 13, 19:54
chumpstick

Kadrom is a shining example to nerds everywhereKadrom is a shining example to nerds everywhereKadrom is a shining example to nerds everywhereKadrom is a shining example to nerds everywhereKadrom is a shining example to nerds everywhereKadrom is a shining example to nerds everywhereKadrom is a shining example to nerds everywhereKadrom is a shining example to nerds everywhereKadrom is a shining example to nerds everywhere

Played a few more rounds of FTL. Still cannot get past the 2nd stage of the Rebel Flagship. It feels like you need either a boarding team build or cloaking system to deal with the missiles and drones.

Old 20 Apr 13, 21:31
ludonarrative

Trent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhere

played the soul sacrifice demo. hyped for the full release @ the end of the month

Old 21 Apr 13, 05:33
the summer man

Chace is a shining example to nerds everywhereChace is a shining example to nerds everywhereChace is a shining example to nerds everywhereChace is a shining example to nerds everywhereChace is a shining example to nerds everywhereChace is a shining example to nerds everywhereChace is a shining example to nerds everywhereChace is a shining example to nerds everywhereChace is a shining example to nerds everywhereChace is a shining example to nerds everywhere

finished up the Dishonored Knife of Dunwall DLC. Really good, up to the same standard as the main game and is basically just 3 more full missions from Daud's point of view. Daud isn't silent like Corvo, the DLC fills in some backstory but it's mainly intended to be a separate story from the main game. Good length for the price, part 2 comes out later on this year sometime.
Old 21 Apr 13, 16:53
Demi-God:Demi-Goddess

Rick like no otherRick like no otherRick like no otherRick like no other

I just finished Walking Dead. Critical hit to my heart.
Old 22 Apr 13, 10:40
\_(ツ)_/

Felix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to Felix Kluge

Sean: yeah I never got past that either. Two of my pals have done it, I think both with boarding set ups on the engi cruiser
Old 22 Apr 13, 16:43
His Loony Bun Is Fine Benny Lava

Blitz Squirrel is worth a pint or twoBlitz Squirrel is worth a pint or twoBlitz Squirrel is worth a pint or twoBlitz Squirrel is worth a pint or twoBlitz Squirrel is worth a pint or twoBlitz Squirrel is worth a pint or twoBlitz Squirrel is worth a pint or two

I threw myself at the Witcher pretty much all weekend and I finished it up. Was by no means a complete playthrough, but I wanted to get on to the sequel (it's been collecting dust on my hard drive for something like a year), and that is what I'm doing now. Gave that a start last night and still adjusting to the changes. I die a lot, but that's fine. The rhythm thing of the first game's battle system was weird but I adjusted to it, and now I need to adjust out of it.

I'm not sure if it says more about me or more about the state of our entertainment industry, or in either case if it's saying something good or not, but I find myself impressed that these games portray people having pubic hair. Like, that's normal and natural and okay.

"Damn right. Ill bring the Koala bear, you bring the apple sauce."

Old 22 Apr 13, 17:31
Black Belt

PauLo being german is not very helpful at this point we thinkPauLo being german is not very helpful at this point we think

Yeah, pubic hair is good.

I think it's kind of like...girls like sausages and boys like sausage rolls.

The L is for Love ;)
Old 22 Apr 13, 23:32
1979-2013

I'm totally okay with pubes, let it be known. Just trim the garden a bit and it's cool.

Got Injustice, that DC fighting game made by the folks what made Mortal Kombat, and it's cool. Beat story mode in one sitting, it's a really dumb story and really predictable but it has some decent moments. Basically it's most DC comics, then, and solidifies why I don't give a fuuuuck for the greater DC Universe: It's really dumb and as soon as one character calls another character Shazam and that character shouts SHAZAM to summon lightning, my brain is just laughing and crying and dying.
Old 23 Apr 13, 00:13
chumpstick

JayLab is worth a pint or twoJayLab is worth a pint or twoJayLab is worth a pint or twoJayLab is worth a pint or twoJayLab is worth a pint or twoJayLab is worth a pint or two
Send a message via AIM to JayLab

i wish he said it like

shaZAYUM
Old 23 Apr 13, 00:16
chumpstick

JayLab is worth a pint or twoJayLab is worth a pint or twoJayLab is worth a pint or twoJayLab is worth a pint or twoJayLab is worth a pint or twoJayLab is worth a pint or two
Send a message via AIM to JayLab

Also DC comics characters seem particularly uninspired. Not saying Marvel doesnt have its share of shit characters, but Injustice has a guy named Cyborg who is.... a cyborg. And a guy in green who shoots arrows whose name is Green Arrow.

Superman is cool though he just wants to smooch^
Old 23 Apr 13, 05:26
ludonarrative

little known fact both cyborg and green arrow didn't exist before injustice

Old 23 Apr 13, 13:44
chumpstick

Kadrom is a shining example to nerds everywhereKadrom is a shining example to nerds everywhereKadrom is a shining example to nerds everywhereKadrom is a shining example to nerds everywhereKadrom is a shining example to nerds everywhereKadrom is a shining example to nerds everywhereKadrom is a shining example to nerds everywhereKadrom is a shining example to nerds everywhereKadrom is a shining example to nerds everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Kluge View Post
Sean: yeah I never got past that either. Two of my pals have done it, I think both with boarding set ups on the engi cruiser
That was my setup last night. Engi ship is v. nice for the health in every room thing, and you get a head start on drones. Had 3 mantis guys going onto everyone's ships and beating them up and taking their lunch money. Then I made the mistake of boarding a ship in an asteroid field and couldn't get them off before a rock destroyed the ship. Heartbreaking. Quit the game, and I was on sector 7 of 8.
Old 24 Apr 13, 18:49
in the ass

Kaysow like no otherKaysow like no otherKaysow like no otherKaysow like no other

finished dark souls the other day. it was amazing.
Old 24 Apr 13, 23:41
1979-2013

The real Dark Souls starts here.

Yeah I've put around 200+ hours into all versions (all of them) of Dark Souls. Still make new characters and futz around every few months. Just finished it again last week or something. game of the gen

also playing hella Injustice, Nightwing is my main trick but I can do some shit with green lantern as well. Lex Luthor is ok too. Want to learn supes and bats as well.
Old 25 Apr 13, 01:35
ludonarrative

you played it on 360/ps3/pc? Lol

Sounds like me and RE5

Old 25 Apr 13, 01:46
1979-2013

Yeah I got the ps3 version originally, sold my ps3 so I got the 360 version to play more. Then pc version came out with new content and Durante's fix made it the best version so yeah. Here we are.
Old 25 Apr 13, 10:46
in the ass

Kaysow like no otherKaysow like no otherKaysow like no otherKaysow like no other

true, i started right over. cheevos are a good excuse in a game like this to keep coming back, tho they all seem kinda easy to get.
Old 25 Apr 13, 12:18
1979-2013

All weapons requires 3 playthroughs I believe, on the same character, so you can make all 3 weapons with Sif's boss soul. Also Gwynn's soul can be used to get a miracle as well as a sword. But yeah it's not too hard, did it on the 360 but cba to do it on pc again.

Tags
alan finished prof. lay, alan games complete : 1, alan is bisexual, all american quarterback, awww shit, backloggery.com, badasses keep journals, ballsagna, ben loves space pussy, better than demon souls, bumba clart, casual games, chace holds a grudge, chace is passionate, chace is upset, chace's internet funtime, cheevos > gameplay, deus ex machina, do you guys never learn, esther fucked chace's mom, everybody cries, gamestop is sleazy, giantbomb.com/oni/tag.htm, god of war is for casuals, goon squad, hamauzu rules, huntan journals, i believe in sol, i hate videogames, i'm probably the only one, jew and daxter, jew matrix, jew network, marnid looks upset, md agrees w/ anything, mount & braid, n i hope dey burn in hell, netcode's chickenwing, not for beginners, not sure what i saw :), oni is a casual, oni's fantastic tantrum, raging fanbois, read a book, sakimoto rules, sol most successful, spoony bards, the brad logan chronicles, the rage of paul, this is where van, thread of casuals, uematsu sux, val finished a game, videogame fucked my mom, yes they deserve to die