FF:WA
XIIXIX-2XIXVIIIVIIVIVT

Go Back   FF:WA > Final Fantasy Discussion > FINAL FANTASY

Old 6 Sep 16, 07:47
Black Belt

PauLo being german is not very helpful at this point we thinkPauLo being german is not very helpful at this point we think
Default FFXV Official Thread

please put all content in here.

I think it's kind of like...girls like sausages and boys like sausage rolls.

The L is for Love ;)
Old 6 Sep 16, 10:47
varla adjusts her glasses

sam is worth a pint or twosam is worth a pint or twosam is worth a pint or twosam is worth a pint or twosam is worth a pint or twosam is worth a pint or twosam is worth a pint or two

i watched kingsglaive the other week, which was better than both spirits within and advent children. not saying much, but it was ok. basically a 2hr vg cutscene that did a nice bit of world building and introduced some key characters that will be in xv. probably watch the film before playing the game

"Better to stay silent and be thought a fool than to speak and take away all doubt."- oni link, sept 23rd 2013
"This badass dude is legit badass! Loved melisandre titty!"- me
Old 6 Sep 16, 16:58
OH YEAH AWESOME

alhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via MSN to alhana

There's also that free anime on the official FFXV YouTube. I haven't watched anything yet, but I think I probably will check out the movie and the anime eventually before the game, and maybe the demo since you get a Carbuncle in the full game if you play it (I don't know what a Carbuncle does though, probably not much). The anime seems made for someone younger than me, but oh well, still love Final Fantasy. <3

I like the dorky optional clothes they had in some gameplay demos earlier. Always like if you get to play dress-up. I haven't watched the full videos, just seen some screenshots. It's kinda obvious if the character model is not made for the alternate outfits though... Replaying Lightning Returns currently and her default outfit has big shoulder pauldrons and a billowing cape, and in some slim outfits, and especially in the bikini outfits, it just looks like she has a giant head on a tiny body. Her proportions were made for the default outfit I guess...take away the big shoulders and cape and stuff and her body under is really small.
Old 1 Oct 16, 03:21
Black Belt

PauLo being german is not very helpful at this point we thinkPauLo being german is not very helpful at this point we think

woah, let's not go crazy here. i've seen plenty of women irl with proportions like Lightning.

The L is for Love ;)
Old 2 Oct 16, 08:17
Wheeeeeeeee!

Pulsar like no otherPulsar like no otherPulsar like no otherPulsar like no other

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhana View Post
The anime seems made for someone younger than me, but oh well, still love Final Fantasy. <3
It's all made for people younger than us We're getting old, Sari!!!

Old 4 Oct 16, 00:21
OH YEAH AWESOME

alhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywhere

Cannot unsee Lightning's giant bobble head. Cosplay for comparison.
Attached Images

Old 5 Oct 16, 14:41
Black Belt

weird the way the irl one is nicer

The L is for Love ;)
Old 27 Oct 16, 19:43
OH YEAH AWESOME

FFXV has gone gold.
Old 2 Nov 16, 15:52
OH YEAH AWESOME

FFXV article I enjoyed reading.
Old 29 Nov 16, 00:12
\_(ツ)_/

Felix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to Felix Kluge

anyone else playing this?

the animations are really good and I like the photos, music, and interactions so far.

Artificial stuff looks great, really reminiscent of the old 7-8 prerendered backgrounds which is impressive & v good imo. Natural stuff, rocks and trees etc, don't look so hot so far.

Combat seems to be a pile of nonsense
Old 30 Nov 16, 02:26
Immortal:Sorceress

Fox being german is not very helpful at this point we thinkFox being german is not very helpful at this point we think

Between this and The Last Guardian, I'm choosing to wait regarding XV. Hearing the games story really throws alot at you at once.
Old 9 Jan 17, 02:10

Fox being german is not very helpful at this point we thinkFox being german is not very helpful at this point we think

Has anyone experienced a bug where after they win a battle, the battle mode remains on? Had this just happen to me and had to restart the game. Thankfully my last save wasn't too far back.
Old 9 Jan 17, 16:37
john f******* zoidberg

Dara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to Dara

Cleared this pretty fast. The story was good, with a strong emotional throughline in the second half.

I think the incidental details, the off-the-cuff conversations, the worldbuilding, is my favorite aspect. I never wanted to fast travel in the car, I'd always just let Iggy drive and listen to the boys talk. That was pure Final Fantasy.
Old 9 Jan 17, 16:43

I also enjoy just letting Ignis drive while listening to Final Fantasy tracks. The FFXI Gustaberg track almost works perfectly while going from point A to B.
Old 6 Feb 17, 03:57
john f******* zoidberg

Dara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to Dara

I liked that they had all the different FF music in there, but after the first day I found myself just leaving the stereo off. There was something relaxing about just listening to the motor running, and the occasional conversations as the scenery goes by. Felt like a real road trip.
Old 4 Mar 17, 19:51

I'm still trying to put my thoughts together on this after finishing the story. Alot of conflicting thoughts on the game overall. Almost the same feelings I had with MGSV. I thought the story was poorly paced and the shortest in recent memory. Many things were left unexplained and out in the open. I tried my hand at a far share of sidequests but before I knew it, I was already on Chapter 13, which left a bad taste in my mouth. I thought the Esther chapter in FF8 was a grind but this beat it outright. The gameplay was the best aspect which is kind of sad thinking about it. The music, with a few exceptions, also felt lacking.

Despite so many of its flaws, I still think it's possibly the best FF title since FF9 and certainly since 10 in my book.

This post was smuggled in from Mexico by Fox; 4 Mar 17 at 20:01.
Old 26 Apr 17, 17:50
Black Belt

currently waiting for this to finish downloading. was able to try the battle arena thing though. graphics are brilliant and combat actually seems fun. way more fast-paced than kingdom hearts.

The L is for Love ;)
Old 26 Apr 17, 21:40
Black Belt

Thumbs up

verdict ~half an hour in: best final fantasy in ages! like ffxii, elder scrolls and shenmue but the way these games should have been.

The L is for Love ;)
Old 27 Apr 17, 01:48
Black Belt

i'm level 7 and still on act 1. just spent some time running around picking up treasure from treasure spots, have lots of nice accessories now. need to start putting points into equip 2 accessories abilities for my allies. or are they called relics? can't remember now.

have already taken both ap boosts from resting to help me gain ap faster. i don't like fishing. stupid cat.

i like how it sticks to ff roots of '4 chosen warriors' or whatever.

it got late and i got ambushed by an iron giant. i'm glad you can run away...

The L is for Love ;)
Old 27 Apr 17, 10:40
Black Belt

level 17. tried the behemoth so the chocobos wouldn't be afraid at level 13, it was tight but i got killed. bought a load of good equipment in the town place and refought the behemoth at level 15, killed it pretty easily.

The L is for Love ;)
Old 27 Apr 17, 10:41
Black Belt

best way to fund new weapons and accessories seems to be by selling excess curative items...

The L is for Love ;)
Old 28 Apr 17, 09:36
Black Belt

killed the level 54 midgar zolom on my way to the ice cave despite only being level 17. just tried staying around its midsection, it likes to back away from you before it attacks so i tried closing the distance over and over using warp strikes. still got wiped out a load of times and used up too many curative items...

The L is for Love ;)
Old 8 May 17, 04:24
Black Belt

SPOILER ALERTS
SPOILERS AHEAD

oh man i feel so sorry for poor blind Ignis. i hope Lady Lunafreya's ghost shows up and heals him (i have a feeling that's exactly what's gonna happen).

Gladiolus is kinda a can of beans.

The L is for Love ;)
Old 18 May 17, 20:00
Black Belt

beat it. got a bit emotional at the end.

The L is for Love ;)
Old 17 Jun 17, 02:06
Black Belt

just got the platinum. w00t.

The L is for Love ;)