FF:WA
XIIXIX-2XIXVIIIVIIVIVT

Go Back   FF:WA > Worlds Apart Forums > Worlds Apart General Chat

Old 12 Jan 17, 19:05
werediggles gonna weredig

Mirid is a shining example to nerds everywhereMirid is a shining example to nerds everywhereMirid is a shining example to nerds everywhereMirid is a shining example to nerds everywhereMirid is a shining example to nerds everywhereMirid is a shining example to nerds everywhereMirid is a shining example to nerds everywhereMirid is a shining example to nerds everywhereMirid is a shining example to nerds everywhereMirid is a shining example to nerds everywhereMirid is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via MSN to Mirid

Name : Tier

Asol : Gold
Hanging on by a thread, Asol now has a great chance of making top 3.

Insun : Silver
I have to admit that I'm impressed that she is still around. As stupid and transparent as her moves are, she is an ally for sale and that's a hot commodity in Madong right now. I can't believe she will be in the top 3 though.

Pharoh : Gold
Pharoh is in an interesting position now - betray your old ally Macho and go for the stronger team, or keep him in. Will most likely use the trump card seeing as it's probably the last episode he can.

Kyungryul : Diamond
In the Haesung-Kyungryul war, Kyungryul is definitely winning. Killed in the game. When he was in the rafters thinking for everyone else, I knew Nopdong had lost. He really is the only mental player left in Madong. Haesung just pretends he is one because he's even more shit at the other disciplines. Crazy if Kyungryul isn't going top the top 3.
That moment his wife switched on the aegyo.

Macho : Gold
Macho might be the leader, but he is in deep shit if you ask me. MJ didn't bring Asol over to go to the top 3 with Macho. Pharoh might have some lingering alliance with Macho, but even he must know that Macho is shit at everything.
If Macho doesn't retain his leader status (unlikely with Pharoh holding the trump card), I think he's a goner.

Byungkwan : Gold
He's the leader and I think he will stay that way. It's so difficult to rack up the votes this late in the game to oust him. Was top 3 material from the start.

Hanbyul : Bronze
Let's be real; he barely left an imprint on the show.

MJ : Gold
A rare weak showing in the games. Had no idea her Korean was bad. It seems like half the contestants have lived half their lives in the US anyway. Byul is a "foreigner", lol.
Surely going to the top 3.

Injik : Gold
Injik always seems to be in the safest seat in Madong. He always has a key and he's a solid player.

Haesung : Bronze
If the final game is drinking can of beansroach shake then maybe he has a chance.

---
We have a good, but somewhat surprising, lineup for the end game. If you told me week one that Insun was gonna be here, I wouldn't have believed you.
Here's what I think is gonna happen, barring any last swaps by the producers:

Top 3 Nopdong - MJ, Pharoh, Asol
MJ has always played the game, and she knows Macho is much worse than Asol in pretty much every way. I think she also said in an interview once that he was def not in her top 3. Asol is gonna go with anything. Pharoh might be the one to get in the way of this constellation if he values his alliance with Macho more than the strength of Asol. I doubt it, though. EDIT: I just realized he dropped the "Once Madong always Madong"-line recently. Drops the chance of this constellation quite a bit.

Top 3 Madong - Byungkwan, Injik, Kyunryul
I can't see anyone picking Insun for the top 3, and Haesung is simply outshone by Kyungryul's skill. Still, there is some tension between the three I named, so who knows.

This post was smuggled in from Mexico by Mirid; 12 Jan 17 at 19:20.
Old 12 Jan 17, 19:34
\_(ツ)_/

Felix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to Felix Kluge

Yeah, I think Pharoh still sees Asol as a threat, a rival or whatever, which is a nonsensical mindset to have about it but I'm sure one Macho is fine with him having, if not actively cultivating.
It's really up in the air between Asol and Macho imo, mostly because Macho is leader and the only other guy with any chance to be leader is Pharoh, his best buddy since they first met. It will definitely be highly spicy whatever happens. (I say whatever happens, but there's no way MJ or Pharoh don't go to the final).

Definitely think that's the most likely Madong lineup even if none of them all really love each other - that village has fluffed its chances for rebellion now really imo. I can't see one happening unless it was to elect Injik, and that's no longer an option. Byungkwan likes Haesung, but he's the most openly ruthless/results-oriented guy in the show.

Lol I'd totally forgotten about Haesung drinking the beetlejuice. Just gets funnier and funnier in retrospect seeing how he's fucked himself so many times.
Old 13 Jan 17, 11:34
Black Belt

PauLo being german is not very helpful at this point we thinkPauLo being german is not very helpful at this point we think

yay racism

I think it's kind of like...girls like sausages and boys like sausage rolls.

The L is for Love ;)
Old 7 Feb 17, 02:42
\_(ツ)_/

Felix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to Felix Kluge
Default Rankings as at Episode 11

MJ Kim

Assured of a spot in the final 3 with a settled team and a harmonious village. The way the final elimination played out has left her in strong spirits, and she has been consistently impressive across the games. Looking as good as ever going in to the finals.

Jung Injik

His position as the strongest political player in Madong was finally shown in the clearest terms as he assumed his natural position as leader. Even though this required back-to-back coups. And everyone acquiesces to it. Would be extremely surprised if he doesn't go to the finals, and he has a good mentality and spirit for it.

Pharoh

Finishing as he started - leader, universally liked, consistently good in the games. He approaches the games with a great mentality and always gives everything, and will be buoyed by the happy, relaxed vibe in Nopdong.

Hyun Kyungryul

Although it's far from certain that he'll even make it to the final, he really is the single best contestant at the games in the entire show. The prospect of him not going to the finals caused a constitutional crisis in Madong. The tumult in Madong and the bittersweet feeling that will result even if he is picked is keeping him down in the rankings, but if he's there on gameday it would be very unexpected for him not to put in the best individual performance. Really bad at using a knife and fork, what the hell.

Steven Lee

Someone actually called him Steven. Only took 11 episodes. His leadership had really run its course even if he hadn't been overthrown. It had rubbed every single member of the team up the wrong way and been shown for the corrupt self-serving set up it was. Still, he's extremely competitive and very solid in the games, and it seems more-or-less unthinkable that he wont be in the finals.

Kwon Asol

I think overall I'm actually kind of disappointed by Asol. He's never been bad, indeed he's mostly been good, but he never lived up to his initial promise. He was never the unifying or dynamic figure MJ or Sangguk or Steven were, and him switching villages to just sort of goof around was kind of a let down. I think being Sangguk's right hand man defined and constrained him, and the elimination of Sangguk destroyed him. He does seem much happier in the Nopdong environment. His bit to camera about not even being able to understand the politics of Nopdong, let alone be a participant in it, and his total lack of remorse about it, was telling. Maybe he's just known since the first day that he was going all the way and has just coasted. I don't think it's at all impossible that he will be bested by either Steven or Injik in the finals.

Macho Yoon

Macho and MJ described it best themselves. This was his beautiful exit and the coolest he's ever looked*. Macho's exit, and the manner of it, has actually left Nopdong in a better position mentally despite them being 2 down going in to the last day. He took responsibility for the loss and more importantly responsibility for eliminating himself, sparing his teammates any hard conversations or heartbreaking scenes. He left them all smiling and happy and will surely be back tomorrow as head cheerleader. I have to say despite MJ's long run at the top spot, really Macho is my favourite contestant. But part of that is his flaws, which existed and were huge. He had to go and everyone knew it.

*Macho has actually looked extremely cool all of the time.

Lee Haesul

Still in with a chance at going to the finals, somehow. He's a lot dumber than he thinks, but even he is smart enough to realise that Injik taking control when faced with the prospect of him going to the finals is not a great sign. And, you know, he shouldn't go. Because he's very bad. Currently praising his own political skills as he goes around cravenly slinging mud at Kyungryul and using underhanded whining and self-pity to sow discord and shatter unity in the name of his own survival.

Hwang Insun

Dealt a losing hand but to be fair has actually played it pretty well. She has made it all the way to the end despite no one ever rating her at anything. To her credit, she got involved with the critical endgame politics in a decisive way and even ended up with a key. She's not going to the finals, but she never was. Most surprising contestant to make it to the final day, so that deserves praise for the impressive feat it is. Shame she's kind of annoying and unlikeable alongside being bad at everything.

Village Rankings
1. Nopdong
2. Madong

Madong have made it to the end with 5 rather than 3, but it's an unhappy house, and the ambivalence Steven and Injik have over Haesung and Kyungryul guarantees a painful moment going in to the finals. This could weigh on them when they need spirit or gnaw at their mind when they need focus. They also have the catastrophic weakness of it being possible that they take Haesung to the finals.
Nopdong on the other hand are light and breezy, and they will sleep easy after lazing around cracking jokes. Every one of them will be rolling out with their full preferred final 3 on the big day with no doubts or regrets in their minds.

I 100% want Nopdong to win.