FF:WA
XIIXIX-2XIXVIIIVIIVIVT

Go Back   FF:WA > Worlds Apart Forums > Worlds Apart Gaming Chat

Old 25 Aug 16, 12:25
"I should go."

John everyone just stay calm here

I just recently finished playing through the entire Uncharted series for the first time, from the Vita prequel to the last game released. I was impressed.
Old 25 Aug 16, 12:50
i'm skulking

Robert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to Robert Send a message via MSN to Robert Send a message via Yahoo to Robert

The war on my Steam library continues, with the most recent editions in Beaten status being Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War and Fallout 1, both of which were great. The first expansion to Dawn of War was fucking trash though, like first 3 missions in both campaigns were great and then they were like "here, do this gimmick five times in two different missions, isn't this fun, are you having fun doing the not fun thing". Looking forward to Dawn of War 2 and Fallout 2.

Currently I'm working through Torchlight, which is decent, pretty mindless. Not a huge fan of the art style and hack/slash isn't the most engaging genre of game. Also halfway through Darksiders which is sick as hell even if some of the control choices took a second to get used to. And I just had to slog through a part full of slowing down time puzzles which I fucking hated, but otherwise, game is great. Very slowly playing GTAV as well and have finally resumed my Baldur's Gate 2 file that's been sitting there for six months (spoiler) currently on the first level of escaping Spellhold after finding out what a huge faget Yoshimo is .
Old 25 Aug 16, 16:27
OH YEAH AWESOME

alhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via MSN to alhana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maese Davas View Post
Good Sari. I played the game for 70 hrs and wasn't even half way through (mainly because I got entertained killing baddies and getting the trophies); would have to replay and complete.

Shame about the things you mention as I thought they were going to lead to good stuff.

Are you going to play 4 and 5?
Some of the trophies seem insane, like defeat final boss on lv1. Only three characters start at lv1 (Fayt, Sophia and Peppita) so I guess you just never use them until final battle. But Fayt is the only playable character in the beginning...can't see how you can avoid levelling up. Sophia & Peppita dream team for final battle? Maybe Roger starts lv1, I don't even remember. And supposedly there is a trophy for "fight 50,000 battles". I had 1700 battles at the end. Someone on GameFAQs boards posted they completed it four times and still "only" have 10,000 battles.

Maybe Fayt was supposed to use the "power" in the ending but they ran out of FMV budget. There's like no FMVs again after you get to disc 2. Online people are talking the game is unfinished. But I don't know about that...there's plenty post-game content supposedly but I'm done for now, I'm not going to do more optional dungeons and bosses.

You should replay it and complete this time! Find out about "the plot twist" everyone was talking about when it was new by the looks of it. I don't know if I'll play more Star Ocean. I don't know what to play next really. FFXV was pushed back so there's some more time now. I got Wild Arms 3 and Disgaea 4 of games I have never played before, but maybe I don't want another PS2 game right away. Kinda want to replay Lightning Returns but I lost my new game plus save...lost all my saves, stupid PS3. There must be a way to backup saves but who can be bothered.

This post was smuggled in from Mexico by alhana; 25 Aug 16 at 16:34.
Old 26 Aug 16, 01:57
Demi-God:Demi-Goddess

Hiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or two

I played a Star Ocean title for PSP. Couldn't get past the names being forced in upper case.

I'm already feeling the fall weather and spooky games are beginning to creep up. Replaying Outlast and it's been so long that I still jump. You're a reporter investigating an insanse asylum. fun times

Final Fantasy VIII anniversary is approaching so contemplating a replay.

This post was smuggled in from Mexico by Hiryu; 26 Aug 16 at 02:04. Reason: realized not everyone is blessed w/ a full deck
Old 26 Aug 16, 02:39
The Mothafuckin' Samurai Hobbit

Lionheart is worth a pint or twoLionheart is worth a pint or twoLionheart is worth a pint or twoLionheart is worth a pint or twoLionheart is worth a pint or twoLionheart is worth a pint or twoLionheart is worth a pint or two
Send a message via Skype™ to Lionheart

Super Mario All-Stars replay 9001.

Old 27 Oct 16, 02:19
OH YEAH AWESOME

alhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywherealhana is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via MSN to alhana

I did play Lightning Returns since Star Ocean 3. Still a bit disappointed I could not do a New Game Plus, but now I have my new save, which I should probably back up...but could I possibly play this a third time...guess you never know.

I started Wild Arms 3 and so far have done the prologue and the elemental guardian boss battles. It reminds me more of a PS1 game than a PS2 game, but I guess it looks quite similar to Grandia II. Nothing is voiced and you can't always dictate the speed of text boxes, which is grating. You can't turn when you run, but deciding when you should run actually makes it kinda fun to play. You can cancel out of random battles before they start if you want. So far super easy, but the battle system seems fun. The wild west theme is funny. Already been in a train robbery!

I had this game forever and never played it. Hope I can do it before FFXV release, but seems doable.
Old 23 Nov 16, 21:50
"I should go."

I just finished up the main story of Rise of the Tomb Raider and am now doing a post-credits run, collecting stuff I've missed and doing DLC missions. I can't believe how much stuff they added to this sequel.

I love the game, but there were a few things that took me out of the immersion mainly because, as most of you know, I am obsessed with all things Greek and Byzantine. There was a part where someone was trying to recite a well known Greek Orthodox prayer and absolutely butchering the pronunciation. No idea why they couldn't just hire someone who speaks Greek to do the voice over. And the game continually takes Byzantine icons of Jesus and saints, Photoshops them, and cut-and-pastes them together to create original scenes that showcase a certain plot device (this guy from ancient Constantinople and his followers), but it's blatantly obvious to me what these scenes originally were. Just takes me out of the game.

Other than that, solid game. I'm glad this one has a New Game Plus.
Old 24 Nov 16, 23:48
Wheeeeeeeee!

Pulsar like no otherPulsar like no otherPulsar like no otherPulsar like no other

Rise of the Tomb Raider. Picked it up last weekend on Steam for 20.
Also just picked up Assassin's Creed II in the Autumn Sale, so will start that soon.
Final Fantasy XV in a matter of days... better finish up Tomb Raider at the bare minimum ahead of that!

Old 25 Nov 16, 09:56
i'm skulking

Robert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhereRobert is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to Robert Send a message via MSN to Robert Send a message via Yahoo to Robert

I picked up Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen on PC. Had it on eggsbox 360 but it was a used system I got for fifty bucks and it red ringed 3 weeks after getting it. Super sick.

Also have a save right before the last boss on XCOM: Enemy Unknown but he keeps fucking me up and I'm scared to try again.
Old 26 Nov 16, 01:39
Black Belt

PauLo being german is not very helpful at this point we thinkPauLo being german is not very helpful at this point we think

Been playing Aralon my notorious iPad RPG. Got wiped out by a Gnoll Witchdoctor, not too sure where my sidekick was, probably had his face stuck in a pixelated wall. Playing on hard which is a bit hard. It's a cool world to explore though.

I think it's kind of like...girls like sausages and boys like sausage rolls.

The L is for Love ;)
Old 28 Nov 16, 19:34
rules

Sverre like no otherSverre like no otherSverre like no other

i'm playing dishonored 2, it's good
Old 20 Dec 16, 20:06
"I should go."

I've been playing good ol' FF7 for the past few weeks, the PS4 port. It's pretty good, except that they used the PC translation, which means that things like "This guy are sick" and "Off course!" are corrected. These things are gems for the English-speaking world and are part of the memories. I hope the remake pays homage to these things in the English versions, preferably in the form of trophies. I also noted a few messed up or incorrect music tracks.

Other than that, it's a pretty solid port. It comes with options cheats, which you can activate or deactivate with the push of button. You can have everyone's HP, MP, and Limit Breaks be immediately refilled after use or taking damage, speed up the game to three times the normal speed (which comes in handy when level grinding), or eliminate random encounters altogether. Not quite all of the things I used to be able to do with GameShark on PS1 or PS2, but it's a start.
Old 6 Feb 17, 04:52
john f******* zoidberg

Dara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to Dara

Most of my FF7 time was logged on the PC version, so when I finally went and played on the PS1 I was surprised by how much the localization had been cleaned up. It's true that those 'mistakes' in the original gave it a lot more charm.

Finally sat down with The Witcher 3 for any amount of time and really enjoying the world, story and atmosphere. Combat was a little haphazard but I'm getting the hang of it now. It's good at giving you a feeling like you're just one guy with an array of tools and a quick wit.

Also been replaying Dark Souls 3, this time with bows/daggers/katana. First runthrough was with a pyromancer.

Tags
alan finished prof. lay, alan games complete : 1, alan is bisexual, all american quarterback, awww shit, backloggery.com, badasses keep journals, ballsagna, ben loves space pussy, better than demon souls, bumba clart, casual games, chace holds a grudge, chace is passionate, chace is upset, chace's internet funtime, cheevos > gameplay, deus ex machina, do you guys never learn, esther fucked chace's mom, everybody cries, gamestop is sleazy, giantbomb.com/oni/tag.htm, god of war is for casuals, goon squad, hamauzu rules, huntan journals, i believe in sol, i hate videogames, i'm probably the only one, jew and daxter, jew matrix, jew network, marnid looks upset, md agrees w/ anything, mount & braid, n i hope dey burn in hell, netcode's chickenwing, not for beginners, not sure what i saw :), oni is a casual, oni's fantastic tantrum, raging fanbois, read a book, sakimoto rules, sol most successful, spoony bards, the brad logan chronicles, the rage of paul, this is where van, thread of casuals, tough guy hiryu, uematsu sux, val finished a game, videogame fucked my mom, yes they deserve to die