FF:WA
XIIXIX-2XIXVIIIVIIVIVT

Go Back   FF:WA > Worlds Apart Forums > Worlds Apart Gaming Chat

Old 18 Jun 16, 15:53
Immortal:Sorceress

Fox being german is not very helpful at this point we thinkFox being german is not very helpful at this point we think
Default Upcoming game discussion thread

Thought E3 was okay this year. Obviously didn't deliver as much as last year.

I'm still not sure what to think about RE7 from what I saw. I'm glad it's moving back into the survival horror genre. It will be interesting to see where the story fits in with the RE backstory.

Death Stranding looks interesting although it's tough to get much of anything out of the trailer but I'll be certainly keeping my eye on it.

The Last Guardian finally has a release date, that hopefully sticks.
Old 19 Jun 16, 12:01
varla adjusts her glasses

sam is worth a pint or twosam is worth a pint or twosam is worth a pint or twosam is worth a pint or twosam is worth a pint or twosam is worth a pint or twosam is worth a pint or two

looking forward to:
berserk musou
nier automata
tyranny
gwent
re7
abzu
god of war

death stranding too far off to be hyped for

"Better to stay silent and be thought a fool than to speak and take away all doubt."- oni link, sept 23rd 2013
"This badass dude is legit badass! Loved melisandre titty!"- me
Old 19 Jun 16, 17:22
Demi-God:Demi-Goddess

Hiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or two

consoles - curious to see the microsoft 'scorpio' & sony 'neo' updates

games - nothing, I'm 30 and jaded. rise of the tomb raider felt like too much effort
Old 21 Jun 16, 01:30
Black Belt

PauLo being german is not very helpful at this point we thinkPauLo being german is not very helpful at this point we think

The only 2 console games I'm interested in or know anything about are FFXV and FFVII Remake.

Although, I would also buy any new Soul Calibur, Tekken, or Gran Turismo games (I'm aware of Tekken 7 and new GT). Or Wipeout (RIP).

I think it's kind of like...girls like sausages and boys like sausage rolls.

The L is for Love ;)

This post was smuggled in from Mexico by PauLo; 21 Jun 16 at 03:57.
Old 23 Jun 16, 18:38
"I should go."

John everyone just stay calm here

E3 really snuck up on me this year. I didn't know it was going on and didn't see the featured videos for my most anticipated games until days later when surfing the Net.

These are the games I am interested in, in descending order:

Final Fantasy VII
Mass Effect: Andromeda
God of War

I posted my thoughts on the last one on Facebook, both my hopes and fears. I will repost it here soon as I find it as I'm sure all of you are dying to read it.

No interest in any Star Wars games because it's all Disney canon Bullshit.
Old 5 Jul 16, 09:40
character design

Daan is a shining example to nerds everywhereDaan is a shining example to nerds everywhereDaan is a shining example to nerds everywhereDaan is a shining example to nerds everywhereDaan is a shining example to nerds everywhereDaan is a shining example to nerds everywhereDaan is a shining example to nerds everywhereDaan is a shining example to nerds everywhereDaan is a shining example to nerds everywhere

Wow, you still 'surf' the Net with a capital N.. cowabunga

Did you find your God of War post (on your facebook)???
Old 11 Jan 17, 14:43

Fox being german is not very helpful at this point we thinkFox being german is not very helpful at this point we think

2016 turned out to be a fairly decent year gaming wise and it has me feeling more optimistic for this year. Nier: Automata and Persona 5 are at the top of my hype list now, especially after trying the Nier demo. Mass Effect: Andromeda is up there but I'm in a "wait and see" state with it. Ace Combat 7 also has my attention.
Old 14 Jun 17, 14:38

Please keep the soundtrack intact. Remake looks gorgeous but I hope as an extra, they expand on the map to include sections cut (the Dam) from the original game including some of the Colossi.
Old 23 Jun 17, 02:06
"I should go."

It snuck up on me again this year. I must be getting old.

I am greatly looking forward to the Shadow of the Colossus remake, as well as--once again, because they are being delayed a year--God of War and the Final Fantasy VII remake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daan View Post
Wow, you still 'surf' the Net with a capital N.. cowabunga

Did you find your God of War post (on your facebook)???
Totally, dude! I also still prefer the term "emoticon" to "emoji," physical copies of movies and games, and still collect strategy guides!

I don't think I'll be able to find that post now, but my worry for God of War is that they will establish that Kratos simply traveled to Scandinavia having left Greece in ruins, and that the two pantheons--or perhaps many pantheons--coexist within the same world. This is problematic because each region's mythology has its own creation myth, and it has been established in Ascension that the world was indeed created according to the method described in Greek mythology, albeit with a few deviations.

With each pantheon co-existing in the same world, with its own story as to how the world was created, this presents an obvious problem. I rather hope that there is a multiverse within the franchise, and that God of War III saw the apocalypse of the Greek Earth, leaving Kratos free to ascend to some sort of transcendent existence where he was free to travel to a different version of Earth--the Norse Earth--where he regained his corporeal form in a world with different gods, created in a different manner according to Norse mythology.

Such a thing would be cool, and would tie everything together quite nicely. But somehow I get the feeling that they will overlook this problem and have the whole thing take place in the same world, leaving the creation problem.
Old 25 Jun 17, 04:09
\_(ツ)_/

Felix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to Felix Kluge

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I also still prefer the term "emoticon" to "emoji,"
those are two different things
Old 29 Jun 17, 00:48
"I should go."

Oh. Neat.
Old 19 Jul 17, 12:56
Chocobo Rider:Chocobo Breeder

Robo Deth Monkey everyone just stay calm here

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Oh. Neat.
No.
Old 26 Jul 17, 02:58
Chocobo Rider:Chocobo Breeder

Lord Golbez everyone just stay calm here

Okay. I guess I'll pencil in some game discussion for next week
Old 26 Jul 17, 03:54
you want some?

geraldinho is a shining example to nerds everywheregeraldinho is a shining example to nerds everywheregeraldinho is a shining example to nerds everywheregeraldinho is a shining example to nerds everywheregeraldinho is a shining example to nerds everywheregeraldinho is a shining example to nerds everywheregeraldinho is a shining example to nerds everywheregeraldinho is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to geraldinho Send a message via MSN to geraldinho

hey
Old 26 Jul 17, 09:18
\_(ツ)_/

Felix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhereFelix Kluge is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to Felix Kluge

what's new in upcoming games guys?

there's a new destiny coming out soon, is anyone getting it
Old 26 Jul 17, 20:07
still Here

Cheris Rangefinder like no otherCheris Rangefinder like no otherCheris Rangefinder like no otherCheris Rangefinder like no other

there's ORI 2 which im hella excited about, i enjoyed the first one so much. plus the last of us 2 and life is strange 2, although i havent played LIS 1 yet (sorry stef)

i was very interested in detroit: becoming human after i saw the first trailers, but havnig played heavy rain i'm not that hyped. it's a little too story-driven and it feels like you're just watching cutscenes and dialogue all the time. we'll see though
Old 30 Jul 17, 01:44

After Persona 5, all the hype for what's left to arrive in 2017 just sort of evaporated for me.