FF:WA
XIIXIX-2XIXVIIIVIIVIVT

Go Back   FF:WA > Arts & Entertainment > Rinoa's Man Fan Fiction Place

Old 26 Dec 16, 22:57
Commander:Advisor

Rinoa's Man is an unknown quantity at this point we think
Send a message via ICQ to Rinoa's Man
Default Final Fantasy XV: Heir to the Lucian Throne

Warning: SPOILERS! Do NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN"T FINISHED THE GAME.

I really should proofread this, but I have things to do. I apologize in advance for the errors. Will edit later.

Heir to the Lucian Throne

King Noctis Lucis Caelum was dead. His reign had not lasted very long, but his short time on the throne had the greatest impact the world had ever known. As the last vestiges of darkness dissipated into the sun's warm embrace of Eos, all the people taking refuge in Lestallum knew that the True King had returned and put an end to the long night. It was the first sunrise in nearly a decade and hope spread like wildfire, as the people basked in the warmth of its light. All the people shouted the praises of their savior, the king.
Months of celebrations and mourning followed and time continued to flow forward. Reconstruction of Insomnia had commenced as former citizens began to trickle back into the capital, breathing life into her slowly. The construction contracts organized by Ignis Scientia, former Crownsguard member, brought much needed jobs back to the Crown City. Managing the budget became from the royal treasury became a tricky affair, but Ignis was more than apt to the challenge. Gladiolus Amicitia, another former member of the Crownsguard, aided in keeping order and peace in Insomnia. His presence was enough to dissuade the opportunistic criminal element from taking advantage of the fledgling capital while it was in the infancy stage of its rebirth. As for Prompto Argentum, he became the chronicler of events. His office was the royal record chamber. He began to add to the royal records, not with written words alone, but with his photographs. Whenever grave matters of state for the kingdom required attention, the three would convene and decide the course the kingdom would take, recalling the final command of their king and friend, Noctis, "I'll leave it to you." Though ambiguous, the Crownsguard had no doubt that Noctis was referring to the welfare of the kingdom and its inhabitants.
As King Noctis and Lady Lunafreya Nox Fleuret never married, there was no heir to the throne of Lucis. With the last king of Lucii blood gone, there will never be an heir. Responsibility for the kingdom fell to the Crownsguard, and not even the Immortal General Cor Leonis questioned their sincerity when they told him of Noctis' final words. The General submitted to the command of the three with as fierce of a loyalty as he had shown King Regis.
This continued for nearly a year, but soon the issues of governing the kingdom became much more difficult. The expenditures of rebuilding had exceeded the kingdom's small revenue. Funds from the treasury were all but spent; certain neighborhoods began to feel the sting of poverty and crime began to grow and organize, despite Gladiolus' best efforts; famine began to spread in the capital, and only Gladiolus' shrewd negotiation with Cup Noodle spared the kingdom from starvation. It would not be long, however, until the people grew tired of instant ramen, despite Gladio's best efforts to defend his favorite noodles.
It was with these mounting problems in mind, one stormy midnight, that a tired Prompto decided to take action. He was the royal chronicler. Only he could save the kingdom--or so he thought. He looked through every record in the kingdom. He wasn't sure he'd find what he was looking for, and even if he did, he didn't know what good it would do. After several hours of searching he found a document that gave him hope. Renewed by his discovery, he dug deeper. Finally at 8 in the morning, long after the rain had subsided, he found what he was looking for. It was faded, and seemed to be marked for destruction by a former chronicler, but it was still intact: a royal family tree from nearly a century ago.
A family tree would not normally be a big deal, Prompto thought. Documenting royal births is not a crazy concept. In fact, there were several current family trees in the Lucii family he could have used. However, every since he became chronicler, there was something that stood odd about it. A former king from a little over a century ago, did not have a single line connecting him to his next heir. It was usually tradition for Lucian royalty to only produce one male heir, but it was there on king Dayal Lucis Caelum portion that another line was drawn. It had not been his queen the line connected to, but someone else beside him. This made prompto think, did he have an heir with a mistress? His search was almost fruitless when he found an old folded parchment in a book that was in a terrible state of disrepair. The name of his mistress, "Marie Mia" and a son, named only "Joris the Bastard".
Without a seconds hesitation he had sprinted to the room of his dear friend, Ignis. He considered going to Gladio first, who was not only a physical powerhouse but also not blind, but he thought better of it. This was the kind of thing Gladio wouldn't approve of. He would need Ignis to convince him first. Prompto nearly busted into Ignis' room before he remembered his manners. He knocked frantically, pounding the door with repetitious raps.
After what seemed like an eternity, Ignis answered the door. "Prompto," Ignis stated.
Prompto wasn't sure how Ignis could tell, but this was a man that managed to help save the world without the use of his sight. Besides that, Prompto was too out of breath to waste words with silly inquiries.
"My word, Prompto, you're out of breath. What's wrong?" Ignis' calm voice asked.
Finally Prompto managed to say between breaths, "we need a king."
Ignis wore a stern look of disapproval. "I'm aware of the state of affairs in Insomnia, Prompto." Ignis paused momentarily. "And I miss Noctis too, but--"
"This isn't about Noctis," Prompto blurted out. "I think I found an heir!"
Old 9 Jan 17, 17:34
john f******* zoidberg

Dara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhereDara is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to Dara

Oh man this takes me back.

Gladio is a good soldier but I wonder about him as the Secretary of Food & Agriculture type of guy. Mass consumption of Cup Noodle, on the whole, might cause more health problems than it solves, what with the sodium content. Eager to hear what happens next, especially considering that the line of Lucis has fulfilled its destiny. You going to FFXV-2 us, RM?
Old 18 Jan 17, 12:37
Commander:Advisor

Rinoa's Man is an unknown quantity at this point we think
Send a message via ICQ to Rinoa's Man

Why not? It seems to be trendy to sequel FF games.

XD Dara is here! One of the original three! So excited. Definitely writing tonight!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: